- Category: Bicol Health News
DOST-PCHRD and DOH to conduct joint meeting on the new health policy and systems research priorities for 2019
- Category: News
The Health Policy Development and Planning Bureau, Department of Health and the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development, Department of Science and Technology is scheduled to conduct a one day joint meeting to formally launch the new health policy and systems research priorities for 2019 under the Advancing Health through Evidence-Assisted Decisions with Health Policy and Systems Research (AHEAD-HPSR) Program of the Department of Health on January 30, 2019 at Hotel Jen, Roxas Blvd. Manila.
The AHEAD-HPSR Program has been developed to operationalize the FOURmula ONE for Health (F1) Plus Framework’s commitment to instill a culture of research, strengthen internal analytic capacity in the DOH, and build health policy systems research capacity within the sector. The objectives of this meeting are as follows:
- To present the FOURmula ONE for Health (F1) Plus Framework of the DOH;
- To present the latest updates on the AHEAD-HPSR Program of the DOH (topics and timeliens;
- To provide a platform for levelling-off among key stakeholders on research contracting and management processes in the DOH and PCHRD;
- To orient on the Grants-in-Aid Guidelines of the DOST; and
- To present the Single Joint Research Ethics Review Process in the DOH.
- Category: Announcement
The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the DOST-PCHRD- Undergraduate Thesis Grant in Natural Products.
The search is open to all undergraduate students of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nursing and Health and Allied Sciences who have thesis proposals on natural products in the current school year
A thesis grant amounting to Fifty Thousand Pesos (PhP 50,000.00) will be given to two (2) thesis proposals per region. In addition, an incentive of PhP 10,000.00 will be given to the advisers of the qualified thesis studies which will be given upon completion of the project and submission of the required deliverables.
Deadline for submission of nominations to the consortium is on May 31, 2019, and deadline for submission of endorsed proposals to PCHRD is on June 10, 2019.
- Category: News
Masagca, Clores and Aguilar attends Training of Trainers in the BRM
LEGAZPI CITY - The Department of Science and Technology-Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) through the Symmetrix Research Consultancy conducted a 3-day training for the Regional Health Research and Development Consortia (RHRDCs) entitled Training of Trainers in the Basic Research Method held last December 3-6, 2018 at the second floor, Carlota-Paz Function Room, Hotel Jen, Pasay City.
Symmetrix Research Consultancy Co. was contracted by PCHRD to lead in developing a standardized training module for the Basic Research Methods Course. This activity aims to produce the first batch of trainers capacitated to deliver the BRM training using the standardized manual that will be produced.
By the end of the course, the participants would be able to:
- Identify the topics under each sub-module which serves as the minimum requirements for the topics to be covered in the Basic Research Methods Course conducted by the RHRDCs;
- Discuss the important topics covered in each sub-module; and
- Give a lecture on the various topics covered by the sub-modules
A total of 32 participants attended the said training including the trainees from Bicol Region namely, Dr. Jimmy Masagaca (CSU), Dr. Vincent Aguilar (BRTTH), Dr. Michael Clores (AdNU), and Kevin Capoles (BCHRD). (KBC/BCHRD)