- Written by BCHRD
- Category: News
Legazpi City --- December 1, 2017. Professional and Student Researcher’s filled the venue at the BU Amphitheater for BICOL REGIONAL HEALTH RESEARCH FORUM 2017 with aims to provide a platform for the different stakeholder in R&D in the region, to interact, share best practices, information and current trends in R&D that shall contribute to the research-based solutions to problems in health.
A total of 19 research entries; 10 for oral presentation and 9 for poster exhibits from schools all over the region. The participating schools are come from Universidad de Sta. Isabel, Bicol University, Catanduanes State University, Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges, Partido State University and Bicol Medical Center.
Atty. Christian Rivero delivered a welcome remarks in lieu of BCHRD RICUC Chair, Dr. Ma.Teresa G. De Alban, who was not able to attend the event due to a prior commitment in Manila. Dr. Napoleon Arevalo was introduced as Keynote Speaker.
The contest was opened by the presentation of the mechanics of the contest and the introduction of the members of the Panel of Evaluators namely: (Oral Research Presentation-Professional) Atty. Christian Rivero – CHED Education Specialist II, Marilou Tino - University Research Director of USANT and Chairperson of Capacity Building Committee of BCHRD and Ms. Teresita Pambid – Dean of Nursing, University of Nueva Caceres; (Oral Research Presentation-Student and Poster Contest-Both Professional and Student Category) Joshua B. Arimado - Research Office, BMC, Carmela R. Mirandilla - Assistant Regional Director of UST Legazpi, and Dr. Romeo M. Sumayo - Dean, University of Nueva Caceres School of Graduate Study.
For Professional Category-Oral Presentation Contest, Partido State University topped the contest with the study entitled “Incidence and Economic Valuation of Post-Typhoon and Climate Change- Induced Diseases in the Selected Fishing Communities of Bicol and the Coastal Aquaculture Areas of the Philippines”. While USI topped the Oral Presentation for Student Category with the study entitled “Development Of Nutritionally Infused Food Product As A Supplement Towards Addressing Malnutrition Among School-Age Children”.
More Photos during the "2017 Regional Health Research Symposium" are available HERE.
- Written by BCHRD
- Category: News
The Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) calls for research proposals on the nine (9) listed topics on research ethics.
2017 -2020 Research & Development Agenda on Research Ethics
· Benchmarking: Study of comparable standards and ethics review procedures in countries with systems or practices that can serve as models for further improvement
· Evaluation of possible impact of revisions in the CIOMS Guidelines and Helsinki Declaration on research ethics review in the Philippines
· Impact of the implementation of the Data Privacy Act on research ethics review in the Philippines
1. Possible changes in the NEGHR
2. Possible changes in ERC SOPs
· Development of a Philippine glossary of terms used in health research (different dialects: Tagalog, Ilocano, Cebuano, Ilonggo, Kapampangan, etc.)
· Impact of ethics review on the quality and quantity of Philippine health research
· Evaluation of the implementation (Operational Research) of research with IPs
1. Genetic/ genomic research
2. Herbal medicine studies
3. Health Care practices (e.g., perinatal and post-natal)
· Ethical Issues in the Engagement of Filipinos in Research
1. Promotion of Rights and Responsibilities of Participants
2. Knowledge of and attitudes towards the Informed Consent Process
3. REC and Researcher KAP on vulnerability
4. REC and Researcher KAP on Conflict of Interest
- Administrators KAP re ethics review and the REC
- Determination of Filipino Perspectives on the following;
1. Data management
2. Data Privacy Act
3. Post-research benefits
4. Authorship and Publication
5. Peer Review
6. Research Misconduct
7. Whistle blowing
PCHRD encourages interested parties to submit the full proposals online through Project Management
System http://www.projects.pchrd.dost.gov.ph and upload the following documents:
· Letter of Intent
· Curriculum Vitae of Lead Researcher
· Profile of Institution
· Proposal using PCHRD proposal template
Deadline of submission of proposals is every 30th of June.