Regional Research Fund (RRF) is viewed as a way to encourage beginning researchers to be actively involved in health research activities without having to compete with more experienced researchers. These RRF projects are intended to build up the capabilities of individual reserachers in designing, implementing and managing health research projects.
What proposals may qualify
Research proposals that will be reviewed by the RHRDC and PCHRD are those which address priority health problems/issues identified in the Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA) and/or National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA) of the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS). The proposals should also have a budgetary requirement not exceeding FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS (P500,000.00), and have a duration of six months to one-year.
Who may apply
Regular staff and faculty members of research institutes, medical and paramedical schools, hospitals and other health related agencies may submit proposals to the RHRDC, properly endorsed by the head of the agency. Likewise, medical residents of hospitals may submit proposals provided that he or she will be working under the supervision of a more experienced researcher affiliated in the same institution.
The proponent should submit the following requirements online through the PCHRD Project Management System:
- Letter of Request/Intent address to:
The Executive Director
Philippine Council for Health Research and Development
Department of Science and Technology
Gen. Santos Avenue
Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila
- Endorsement from the Region
- Project Proposal following the PCHRD Detailed Proposal Form
- Workplan Schedule (Ghantt Chart of Activities)
- Proposed Line-Item Budget (LIB)
- Curriculum Vitae of Proponent(s)
- Duties and Responsibilities of each Project Personnel
- Biosafety Clearance, if applicable
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Clearance, if applicable
- Ethics Clearance (for studies involving human subjects)
- Informed Consent Form
- Case Report Form, if applicable